Question Unanswered: German book for database administration of Oracle

Hi all,

next weekend I will be a beginner with Oracle 10 g. I start a 2-day-training, which is called "indroduction to oracle 10 g and sql" and is a part of the oracle academy. In the past I worked with informix (till now my favorite:-)), Sybase and MySQL. I know something about database basics but in future I will to know more and I will learn more details.

So I am searching for a Oracle book, with which I can learn first the first steps and give me for example answers during the installation process (I plan to set up a x86 testsystem with Solaris 10 - if it is possible, otherwise I will use SuSE Linux or debian as platform). There should be explained how I can configure Oracle with cooked files or with raw devices. At the next step I will learn details of the database architecture of oracle.

At last the book should be available in german because my english is bad and I prefer to read the basic concepts in my own language.

Could anyone tell me which book I should buy?

Thx and Regards

Stefan

Provided Answers: 4
    Unfortunatelly, I can't help much ... did you visit Amazon and see if they offer any Oracle 10 book written in German?

I guess you'd better get used to use English language when working with Oracle. Here is a link to the Oracle Technology Network site - you'lll see a link to the Documentation page. I hope you'll find it useful.

Finally, as far as I can tell, your English is more than perfect. OK, who am I to judge when my native tongue is Croatian, but nevertheless ...

Hi,

thanks for your tipps. At amazon I have had a look. There are many books, for example some of oracle press. I have had a detail look for a book which is called "Introduction to oracle 10g" and it was in german. But it get only one point, so I feel it is not written well.

There are many more and I looked at several sites in the internet and at many sites there are links to the book "highavailibility with Oracle 10g". It got many good ratings, but here I feel it is not the right one for me, because the title offers a special part of oracle.

I will look for the online documentation, too. That I do always, but I search a good and detailed introduction, especially in the part of the architecture, the main programs and routines, for example the installation process, which sql-clients I have to use and how does it run, user access rules, and so on.

That I prefer to read in a printed book, because I want to make remarks, and so on.

Thanks for your praise of my english but I always miss some words and so I like to have a german one for the basics. After that I mostly change to the manuals.

Many regards

Stefan

go to the following link and select the documentation tab. You should be able to purchase books in german.

http://oraclestore.oracle.com/OA_HTM...jsp?language=D
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Hi,
    think this Books will help you:
    Oracle 10g für den DBA ISBN 3-8273-2171-9
    and Oracle Database 10g Linux-Administration ISBN 3-446-22804-7
    Juergen Ladwig

Talking

Hi,

thanks the first one was recommended by a teacher last weekend. I start a course on the Oracle academic initiative and I am very happy with oracle:-) It is a little bit like informix and this was, till now, my prefered DBMS. But oracle has a good change to get my favorite:-)

Many thanks for your posts

Stefan