Unanswered: Really weird problem. ALT+TAB closes database connection. Please help.

Hi all,
    I am facing a really weird problem and can't figure it out.
    I have my application that uses ADO to connect to SQL 2000 database.
    I have 3 parts to my application. The main app, then a .dll that does all database work like connections and queries that is called from the main app. And I also have an .ocx that does some controls on the main app.

My problem is, when a user has 2 sessions of the app open, they will do a search for a transaction and while waiting, they will ALT+TAB to another app. When they ALT+TAB back to the app, they receive an error from my .ocx that does the transaction search that the connection to the database was closed and no work was done.

If they don't ALT+TAB, and just stay in the app, all works fine. This also does not happened every time. It will happen maybe 1 out of 8 times a user would ALT+TAB. And it only does it on this search. Search for a transaction on average takes 30 sec.

Please shine some light this annoying problem that I have been trying to figure out for past 2 months.

I have even gone as far as the app sending me emails on every error it gets and this error for some reason is not trapped. I get all other error emails, but this one never comes through even though the user does have an error on their screen.

Please help...

Anyone have any idea?