procedure A

create temp table X;
    insert into X (select from sometable where some criteria);

while (select count(*) from X ) > 0
    do

some processing

delete one row from X

end while

i need the table to store some values and then run a while loop deleting a row each time.....

now hundreds of users will be accessing mt procedure at the same time so i cant use a global temp table......then how to go about it.....i need something on the lines of a local temporary table......
    Last edited by nick.ncs; 07-16-07 at 05:20.

Provided Answers: 5
    Global temporary tables are not visible to all users. Just the user that DECLARE them.

Andy

ok....got that after lot of peeking around......but it seems suppose a user fires procedure A then the temporary table will be created but the same user could not fire the same procedure in the same seesion........

basically what i found was have to open a seperated instance of command editor each time to fire the same procedure, the same instance would always give the error that the temporary table already exists....

Provided Answers: 5
    If you add the clause "WITH REPLACE" on the "DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE", DB2 will replace the old definition with the new. Alternately, you can issue a "DROP TABLE session.MyGlobalTemporaryTable" type command when you are finished with the table.

Andy

Or you add a condition handler that intercepts and ignores the error that DB2 raises on the second DECLARE statement...
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development