Question Unanswered: New Error Message Never Encountered

All,
    I have a database for managing outbound loads to our stores that has been in place for several weeks, with no changes to the format. Suddenly, we are getting a message "Not a valid bookmark" when some update querys are trying to run. I also get the message when I open the main table and find certain rows all showing either #error# or #delete# in each of the fields.

Nothing has changed and no new items were added, what caused this error and how do I fix?

Help me please!!!!!!

Sounds like data corruption. Is your database split? If so try Compacting and Repairing a COPY of the database.

If that does not fix the problem then try importing all of your objects into a blank MDB. This will fix internal Access data corruption.

Then try to find the corruption problem. Typical culprits include a sketchy network and/or sketchy users. Impatient users that exit the application improperly. Network issues if the database is shared on a network.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob.Carter.17
    All,
    I have a database for managing outbound loads to our stores that has been in place for several weeks, with no changes to the format. Suddenly, we are getting a message "Not a valid bookmark" when some update querys are trying to run. I also get the message when I open the main table and find certain rows all showing either #error# or #delete# in each of the fields.

Nothing has changed and no new items were added, what caused this error and how do I fix?

Help me please!!!!!!
    I've gotten #error# message when I tried to access a table with either 1) too many fields or 2) too wide of a record length; such as accessing a Fox table (using OBDC), which can hold a zillion bytes/fields, but Access can't handle such a wide record.

Also, the #deleted# message I've gotten when I deleted records from a table that was the Record Source of an open form. The fact that the form was open when the delete took place prevented the clean removal of the records. The fields in the removed records were replaced by the word #deleted#.

You might also look into the "bookmark" issue. I suspect that when you do a Find that fails - EOF() and NoMatch are True - and you try to set a bookmark, you'll get that message.

Have you tried checking for any of these conditions?

Hope This Helps,

Sam

Add a date stamp (data type = date stamp) field in the sql server table. Delete and re-link your sql server table in MSAccess. The problem went away after I did this.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 07-17-07 at 00:38.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)