07-16-07, 21:20 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
Unanswered: SQL0659N Maximum size of a table object has been exceeded. SQLSTATE=54032
We are running an app which is exporting a table and are running into this error.
SQL0659N Maximum size of a table object has been exceeded. SQLSTATE=54032
So far we have tried the following:
1) REORG on the table
2) Doubling the size of the DMS tablespace
We have over 800GB of free space available in our SMS tempspaces, so that is not an issue either. We have a case open with IBM support but no far any luck with suggestions.
Anyone ever encountered this issue? It would be nice to see WHAT object it is choking on, instead of just suggesting one of them.
SQL0659N Maximum size of a table object has been exceeded.
Explanation: One or more of the objects which make up a table has reached its maximum size. The storage objects that make up a table are:
* Data: This is where basic column data is stored
* Index: This is where all indexes on the table are stored
* Long Data: This is where LONG VARCHAR and LONG VARGRAPHIC column data is stored
* Lob/Lob Allocation: This is where BLOB, CLOB, and DBCLOB column data and control information are stored
Once a storage object has grown to its maximum size, it cannot be extended further.
User Response: To make existing space within the object available to store new data, the following actions may be taken:
* Reorganize the table
* Delete unnecessary rows from the table
* Drop an index from the table
* Update rows to reduce the amount of data (a reorg may be required after this action in order to reclaim unused storage)
07-17-07, 01:16 #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2003
can you provide more info about your system. Hardware, software, operating system type and version, db2 type and version.
If would help if you could copy/paste the command that is producing the error message.
Hope this helps,