Question Unanswered: Unable to execute the query due to insufficient previlliges?

Hi,
    I am executing following query, but i get the error insufficient previlliges, does any one know how to resolve it, or what sort of rights needed to execute the following query.
    CREATE TABLESPACE TestTableSpace DATAFILE 'TestFile.dbf' SIZE 50M BLOCKSIZE 8192 EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 256K SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO ONLINE

In short what rights i need to create tablespace in oracle.

Best Regards,
    Mushq
    Last edited by Mushq; 07-17-07 at 03:00.

Provided Answers: 4
    I'd say that it is the CREATE TABLESPACE system privilege (check GRANT command syntax, examples and list of privileges).

However, if you are trying to create a tablespace and are unable to do it, perhaps there's a reason why you can't do that. Are you supposed to create a tablespace? Are you a DBA? Should you, perhaps, ask someone who is authorized for such things to do that for you? In my opinion, an ordinary user is not supposed to create tablespaces and should have that privilege revoked. Do you have DBA credentials? If so, create a tablespace connected as a privileged user - don't simply grant system privileges all around.