Unanswered: migrate Filemaker pro(.fp5) to sql server

Hey All,
    here i have a filemaker pro with an extension of .fp5 and i need it to convert into sql server.is there any Aprroach to do this ?.
    i have done lot of R&D .n found a software from Fm promigrator.com but it convert's only 5 field's of filemaker .
    Any feedbak and possible Approach would be highly Appreciable.

You won't be able to convert the structure, but you can export the data to a compatible format (like tab-separated text), then import that into your other system.

hi Thank You.
    I have done the conversion..

Thumbs up

hi

Please let us know how you done the conversion.

I have done this type of conversion many times, and I have automated the process using FmPro Migrator - Migrate FileMaker Pro, Bento, Access, SQL Server Databases (supporting MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Access, PostgreSQL, FrontBase) - .com Solutions Inc.

In fact, it is possible to convert repeating fields data and images between FM and SQL Server as well.

David Simpson

I am also using FmPro Migrator, but it is demo version. Will I really use full version? Is it work properly?

In demo version, table code is generate, but it don't create any table.

please let me know your suggestion.

skpaul

Quote Originally Posted by gangchill View Post
    I am also using FmPro Migrator, but it is demo version. Will I really use full version? Is it work properly?

In demo version, table code is generate, but it don't create any table.

please let me know your suggestion.

skpaul
    The demo version works best with a table having just 5 fields, that is the demo limitation. I transfer these types of tables on a regular basis. I would need to see the source file in order to take a look at it for you. You can also take the SQL code and paste it into the SQL Server management software and create the table that way - though you should not need to do this. But if I can see an empty copy of the DB file then I can tell you what is causing the problem. You might have problems with fields which have strange characters at the end of the name, which get replaced with "_". If you have fields with similar names like this, then they could become named identically in the CREATE TABLE SQL statement. But you should get an error right away from SQL Server if this occurs.

Send me an email via my website and I can help you further.

David Simpson