Hello from the bottom of my blonde-dyed hair

Hi there all

I've been a member for a little while now and guess I've been rude not to introduce myself.

I used to work at a Microsoft partner that did development but also had a small ERP department. I worked my way up (used to be a secretary) learning the ropes as an ERP Consultant and using SQL to write scripts and fix data integrity issues. It was nice cause there was almost always someone I could ask for help when I didn't know what to do.

Well I moved very very far away to the coast and started working at a firm that also did ERP (different software) and I somehow became THE person who knew SQL - nobody else did. My new boss's excitement had him throwing "interesting" projects my way. And alas I have nobody to ask when I get stuck - and came across this forum.

I guess my frustrations came across a lot - but it's because I try and solve the problem myself first through trial and error and using trusted google. But if I get no results through repeated bashing of the head I come here dragging my tail between my legs looking like a whimpering street mongrel.

I would love to offer my help in return but feel completely overwhelmed by the type of questions that come up here and start reconsidering how much I actually do know. Urk! Anybody got a question on how to format a Word document??

heh... I suck at Word, so if I ever have a question, I'll PM you

I'll jump in and answer questions even when I shouldn't. If my answer is wrong, someone will correct me and I'll learn something new.

ummm.... but don't try that in the SQL Server forum - those guys are ruthless!
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

Quote Originally Posted by Mynx
    I've been a member for a little while now and guess I've been rude not to introduce myself.
    I can't pretend it had gone unnoticed....
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Ha ha - I hope that was meant to be a joke.
    *walks away slowly using the shadows as cover*...

Quote Originally Posted by Mynx
    Ha ha - I hope that was meant to be a joke.
    Of course - I rarely bother with Mr Winky
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

ha ha - took me a while to realise what Mr Winky was. Shoo! Hey - I did mention I was blonde.... 0_0

Personally I avoided commenting on that altogether...
    George
    Home | Blog

I should warn you...
    Stay away from the Flump when he's "bothering Mr Winky".
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

That's precisely WHY I took so long to respond to the comment. I thought there was some wierd thing going on between him and - ahem - Mr Winky...