Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HADR issues

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004

    Unanswered: HADR issues

    DB2 8.2 on AIX 5.3 on SAN

    Okie, now I know HADR is supposed to be a whizz to set up but I'm having some issues.
    What I'm trying to do is have a Primary at one location and the standby in another location clear across the city (on a different subnet).

    Now since this is on a SAN I want to do the log transfers over the management interface (each machine having 2 NIC and 2 IPs) rather than the interface used for production.

    The issues I am having....

    Firstly it seemed to get a bit precious over the host names and I had to use IP addresses in order to even get them to attempt to talk to each other. Now when we move into production I'd really rather not use IP addresses if at all possible. Any tips? Fully qualified names? Anyone else managed this?

    Secondly is the issue with using the management interface, it tells me that the IP I've given it does not resolve to the server name. So I'm wondering where DB2 stores that server name and if it is possible to make an alias to allow it to recognise both interfaces as being on the server?

    Am I making any sense?

    Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    No help?

    More info:

    The Primary db2diag says....
    MESSAGE : HADR primary did not establish connection with standby within timeout
              and will shut down. BY FORCE option required to start primary without
              standby. Timeout seconds =
    DATA #1 : Hexdump, 4 bytes
    0x07800000318310C4 : 0000 0078
    The standby says...
    FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, data protection, sqlpInitVendorDevice, probe:1030
    MESSAGE : Init failed!  Vendor rc:
    DATA #1 : Hexdump, 48 bytes
    0x0FFFFFFFFFFFD270 : 0000 0012 5444 506D 7953 4150 3A20 696E    ....TDPmySAP: in
    0x0FFFFFFFFFFFD280 : 666F 2D3E 4558 4321 0000 0000 0000 0000    fo->EXC!........
    0x0FFFFFFFFFFFD290 : 0000 0000 0002 C324 0000 0000 0000 0000    .......$........
    I'm not sure why it's using MySAP files as I have turned off archive logging and cleared the LOGARCHOPT1 and VENDOROPT etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts