Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Unanswered: Macro error when attempting to using a form to gather input parameters for a report


    Using Access 2003, I've followed the steps listed in the help under "Create a form to enter report criteria" to do just that. This involves creating a dialog form to allow the user to select the input criteria, creating a macro group to do the processing & attaching it to the main form.

    When running the main report, the dialog form displays correctly, and all is well until I press the OK button, when I get the following error:

    "You don't have the license required to use this ActiveX control"

    This occurs on the SetValue statement, where I'm trying to set the Visible parameter of the dialog form to No, using the following arguments:

    [Forms]![CompetitionDialog].[Visible], No

    The help says to just use "Visible" instead of the fully-qualified form name, but this gives me an error saying invalid reference.

    Has anyone come across this before, and if so how did you solve it?

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Madison, WI
    Shouldn't this...

    [Forms]![CompetitionDialog].[Visible], No


    [Forms]![CompetitionDialog].[Visible] = False


    me.visible = false (if you're referencing the open form.)

    but if you get a license error on an activeX control, some activeX controls require you to register them (I can't remember the commandline to run but there is a commandline to execute to register certain activeX controls - I think it's called regsrv32.exe which again, you run from the commandline.) It's another way to make users pay for utilizing a control someone has developed. You normally don't need to register the Microsoft activeX controls though. It typically applies to 3rd party activeX control.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 07-24-07 at 15:27.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Thanks for your reply. I tried all combinations of Yes/No, True/False etc. but nothing worked.

    Eventually I was doing some research for something else and came across the following link:

    which states that this is a known bug, and gives a full solution involving writing a function to set the Visible property and calling that in the macro. I used this solution without any difficulty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts