search function on this site

Accepting the long term issues on using the search function on this site.. what has become of the purported 'advanced' search.

I wanted to look for examples of retrieving the userid in the access thread, looking for dev ashish, or PKStormy but all could get was the google search.. admittedly a heck of a lot faster than the old dbforums search, but it cam up with masses of references to threads that were not relevant to VBA/Access and I didnt' want to wade through pages of guff to find the posts I know exist there....

is this something I'm missing.... I know getting older, blinder, less willing to accept the limits of technology... or has it now disappeared for good. is it a browser issue...
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

try search
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Quote Originally Posted by loquin
    try search
    Coo - fast as lightening too - although those damn yankees aren't up yet clogging up the interweb. I'll check again later.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by loquin
    try search
    thanks for that, thats what I was looking for

...where abouts is that page on the site structure?
    ...as I spent a fari buit if time trying to find it... perhaps Id better make another appointment to at the opticians, because I couldn't see it.

Dude - loquin's pointed you to the old advanced search feature. I thought that's what you wanted?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    Dude - loquin's pointed you to the old advanced search feature. I thought that's what you wanted?
    yes it was exactly what I wanted, but I had hoped to find out where it is on the current site structure.. so If we get a recurring question (most recently it was security.. "how do I get the userid") i wanted to be able to point out to the questioner how they could search for that.

It still amazes me the number of people unable to use VBA help effectively (ok that is an accquired artform I know), but google...

I far prefer trying to tell people how to use google search effectively so they do can hopefully use that rather than come back with the same questions.. that way round at least you have a chance of filtering out early those users who dont know better, and those users who wont/cant know better or cant be bothered to work it out for themselves

Heh heh - you bugger - you've edited your post and made me look like a right charlie
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    Heh heh - you bugger - you've edited your post and made me look like a right charlie
    not guilty yerhonner

No one else needs to do anythign to make you or nayone else look a right charlie

As you can see by the lack of ' Last edited by <userid> : Today at HH:MM.' messages I haven't edited any of them..... perhaps your brain has finally caught up with what your eyes were telling your first time round...