Unanswered: Link subforms on the same form

Hello Everybody,

I have a form with three subforms (picture attached). Two subforms show lists of records, one where a field is null, the other where the field is not null. The third subform shows the detail for one record. They all have the same key field. The list subforms only show the key field and one other bit of identifying info. I want to be able to double click the key field of a subform and have the detail show up in the detail subform to the right of the list subforms, not in a separate form. It should almost work like a web page where you click a link on the side and the detail shows up in the main part of the page. I have the three forms, they're just not linked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sample.JPG  

It might be easier to make your "double click" form a listbox instead. A little less fiddly as you wan't have to move from sub-form to parent to other sub-form.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

A possible solution, is to put a Combo Box on the Main form. The combobox will be invisible and show all of your key field values. You can link the Details subform to the combobox so that as the combo box value changes the details subform should change. Then in the list subform, in the double click event of all the fields SC Ticket and Issue Title set the combo box value equal to the key field:

Parent.Controls("cboKeyField").Value = txtKeyField

Should work.

I ended up using Pootle Flump's idea with a bit of a twist. I changed the two smaller subforms with the lists to listboxes and created two detail subforms that are exactly the same size. One subform shows the detail for an item in the top listbox, the other for the lower. Both are invisible when the form opens. If you double click a record in the top listbox, the detail for that one becomes visible, the detail for the lower one becomes invisible and the whole form refreshes. If the bottom listbox is clicked the subform for that one becomes visible, the other one invisible and the form refreshes.