Unanswered: ISQL &..... column mycolumn format "A19"

Hello everyone. I was hoping you could help me out with trying to format column widths in ISQL. Can I use the following command in ISQL with Sybase?

column mycolumn format "A19"

Thank you.

the current output...

I'm trying to control the output and make it more human readable. For example, the "---------------" are just too much and want to trim them down.

1> sp_helprotect mydbuser
    2> go
    grantor grantee type action object column grantable
    ------------------------------ ------------------------------ -------- ---------------------------- ------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
    dbo mydbuser Grant Create Procedure All FALSE
    dbo mydbuser Grant Create Table All FALSE
    dbo mydbuser Grant Execute sp_MxDirectoryExist All FALSE
    dbo mydbuser Grant Execute sp_MxFileExist All FALSE

Try isql with the -b option.

if you want your output in a single line you can use the -w option in isql

I want to control the column width... not row length.

Thank you so much for your response. I was hoping you could help me with controling the column width, not the row length.

In some database systems and utilities, you can control the column length by using the below command...

"column <mycolumn> format A19"

I wasn't successful using it with Sybase and ISQL and was wondering if there was something I might be overlooking.

What are your thoughts?