Unanswered: Function like CurrentUser to get Password

All,

With ULS enabled, I am using the CurrentUser function to get a current users Login ID. Is there a function or method that will look at the .mdw and retrieve the current users password? I could just store users passwords in a table but that is not a good idea for obvious reasons....

Regards,
    Brent

If there was a CurrentPassword() function, I would think that would be a HUGE security breach, as anyone with a little Access knowledge could get anyone's password. Fortunately, I don't think one exists.

I've had troubles with the CurrentUser() function in the past, so I usually use fOSUserName(), by Dev Ashish I think. Then just set up a User Table, that way you can control User Rights as well. I think this is what most people do as well (or some form thereof).

I could just store users passwords in a table but that is not a good idea for obvious reasons....
    Why? Just secure the User Table in a back-end dB, it'll at least be pretty secure (NO app is completely secure).
    Me.Geek = True

MDW Users and Passwords

YES - Try out this attachment to see the users AND their passwords in an MDW. I use it and it works great! Especially the UPVMSA2K.MDA file. (And to think that MSAccess MDW security was unhackable!) I'm not sure if you can code this into an application though (see the post below.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pkstormy; 07-30-07 at 17:50.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Also, regarding getting the current user login name, see this post.

http://www.dbforums.com/showpost.php...0&postcount=20

I use this technique in every application I make.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)