Unanswered: Query pervasive 9 from Mac OS X

Good morning,

I have an accounting system (AccPac Plus) using Pervasive 9 on windows machine that I am trying to query from my mac os x web server. My mac is running apache and a middleware program called Lasso Professional. Lasso supports both jdbc and odbc, but I have not been able to make anything work. Does anybody have some advise on how I can go about making this work?

I have been successful using odbc from excel on a WINDOWS machine, just haven't been able to make the mac thing work. I have downloaded the three jdbc drivers to the mac and tried them, but still can't connect.

Thanks....

sqe

Provided Answers: 4
    The only way you can use MacOS with Pervasive would be through JDBC.
    If you're trying it, what error are you getting?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Pervasive and Mac

Good morning, yes...I am trying with the Pervasive JDBC jar files. So, here is where I am. I HAVE been successful with the mac, just not with the program I want. I have been able to query my pervasive DB from a program called RazorSQL....very easy and the Razor tech support was great.

However, I am am trying to create my pervasive DB as a datasource on my mac webserver using Lasso Professional. Doubting that you have heard of lasso, it DOES support JDBC, but for some reason, I can't get it configured right and am getting the following error when I try to use the jdbc drivers on the lasso server:

[08/01/07 07:51:41] Could not load ObjectFactory class: com.pervasive.jdbc.JDBC_VERSION.DataSourceFactory
    [08/01/07 07:51:41] Properties: {}
    [08/01/07 07:51:41] Exception in NamingManager.getObjectInstance:
    [08/01/07 07:51:41] Could not create new Host:

It is always the object factory class that can't load....

any ideas?

sqe