Unanswered: Duplicate Pages - Reports/Subreports

Hi, I have a report that consists of various subreports. When I run the main report, I get duplicate pages. It'll be a regular report for the first 3 pages and then it'll repeat those three pages and then again... etc. These subreports are all linking to different queries.

Any idea what's going on?

Also, when I run the report, the subreport at the bottom gets cut off and it's cut off at the beginning of the next page. I set it to "keep together" but that didn't work. Any ideas on this one too?

Thanks for any help.

I may be missing something, but it seems to me that if your sub-reports use different queries, then you don't need a report/sub-report structure at all. You're probably better off controlling the reports with a simple macro, or VBA code (DoCmd.OpenReport.......).

You can always use the original 'master' report's record source in a JOIN to whatever queries the sub-reports are now using in order to provide report header info...

Sam

You confused me. lol I'm not very good at access but with the report I'm trying to do, I need the end result to have a layout similar to what someone was doing in excel. The only way I could figure out how to do it was to do separate reports and put them together in one report. Rows are different colors and contain different information from various sources. I don't know how I could accomplish that with a macro and I don't know VBA code at all so I couldn't do it that way.

For this report, I'm using over 10 different subreports. Could that be the problem?

Just so you know: trying to duplicate an Excel report's format in Access is not easy, nor even hard; it's nightmarish. Been there; done that. In the end it wasn't worth the effort. I had to discard the whole bit of rubbish and start to generate a real Access report, and forget about replicating Excel's format.

You're better off either importing or linking the Excel worksheet(s), and put the whole thing into a real database format in Access table(s). Then start to program your report(s). If it's an ongoing requirement, you can automate the whole thing in code/macro.

Or you can simply forget about Access, and do it in Excel.

Sorry for being pessimistic; I'm just trying to save you the frustration.

Sam