Unanswered: eMail on selection

Ok, so I'm still tweaking that database I made for the people on the other installation. They asked me if I can get it so that when the user within the database sets the status of the task to "closed" that it asks if the user would like to send an email to the person who was notified to pick it up uupon completion.

So i guess what I have to do is figure out a way to check the status within the 'status' field and when it is set to 'closed', put a dialog box out that says , " Would you like to notify the user that their task is completed and ready for pickup "? (yes/no).

If they select yes, it opens a form that I made for sending the email and automatically pulls the email address from that user from the main form, they then type in their message and send it off.

Any idears?

simple if command?
    Code:
    if me.status = "closed" then
         if msgbox("Would you like to send email",vbYesNo) = vbYES then
              'sendobject command ( the email )
         endif
    endif

Thanks Jwalker.

I figured it was that but I just didn't know if it (the idea) of doing the email thing was a good one or not? Cause I have a feeling that they 'll ask me if they can attach a report to that email too.

Provided Answers: 10
    There are plenty of threads in the access topic about sending e-mails with or without attachments. I suggest you use www.dbforums.com/search.php and have a read
    George
    Home | Blog