Greetings from a 'YAN' (yet another newbie)

Hello to everyone,

I'm just getting started taking over Access(2002) responsibilities form a co-worker that quit. I'm going to continue on her
    'Orders' database. There are many forms completed; however, lots of work needs to continue on the payments forms. If anyone could point me to a sample,,,,not the NorthWind please, database with real life working procedures, functions and check/credit card (receiving input and store data into tables).......example database, that would be just GREAT??!??

thanks so much

Just want to say a couple of things...
    1) You really keep credit card information in an Access Database? Access isn't known for being the most secure little thing out there!

2) You may wish to raise a new thread in the Access topics - you'll be asking all the right people over there (argueably )

2) Welcome to the forum!
    George
    Home | Blog

you're right about the insecurity of Access....Actually I should have phrased the statement better. I'm looking for a way to set up a value list (for credit card or check) payment...(I figured that one out)...but then once either is selected, then I want a form to pop up (depending on crd card or a check selection). This way data can be stored (report processing) i.e, paymentID, cardholder's name, exp date, last 4 digits of card, routing number, etc.........

Access (excuse the pun) to the payments form is password protected now. This is for a small company, who will later upgrade all their Access db's to SQLServer
    Last edited by imrosie; 08-02-07 at 10:44.

I suggest you pop over to the Access Topic anyhow
    George
    Home | Blog