Unanswered: how do i secure my Access DB?

here' s the case.

im using Access as my database. now, i add password to my access and open it exclusively. I use VB 6.0 in creating user interface.
    what happening is, i add a password to my access, and put the username and password to my VB. now, when i click the test connection, i got an error message, saying that "access db can only be opened exclusively.". before, my DB dont have a password, and my Database Info. System work's fine.

How did you assign a password to the access db and put the username and password to vb? Did you assign the password to Access via an mdw/workgroup file? Are you sure you need to set Access to open exclusively?
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

how do i add password to my DB?

the first thing that i do is open the DB exclusively. because access advice me to do it before i can add password. then i add password after opening it. i was not asked for username.

So in MSAccess, you went to Tools -> Options, Advanced Tab, and set the database from Shared to Exclusive?

And then also in MSAccess, you went to Tools -> Security, Set Database Password?
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)