Unanswered: i don't want to save record on close button

Is that anyway we can not save the record when click the close button. Do we have cancel button that won't save any change? Thanks again!

Provided Answers: 10
    If memory serves correctly
    Code:
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUndo
    George
    Home | Blog

Let me explain my situation. In my edit form i have two unbound text fields and one bound checkbox field. The two unbound text fields will be append to field in the database when click save button. The thing when user uses close button, all the unbound text fields won't be save it. But the checkbox field will be save. If use DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUndo, and use didn't change anything for check box, it will show up a message, unod is not available.

Thanks.

Code:
    docmd.Close,,acSaveNo

Why not include the check box in the append query on Save?
    Me.Geek = True

Thanks. This is great idea. I am going to append the check box and create cancel button to unsave. The questsion is when append the check box, it shows the value is 0 or 1, how to change it to "Yes" or "No".

Thanks all.
    Last edited by yyu; 08-07-07 at 09:31.

Sorry, the code for close button that doesn't want to save record didn't work. It still save it.

docmd.Close,,acSaveNo

Yes, the save arguement of the DoCmd.Close method, is only for design changes.

Now, if you're concerned about unsaved changes, you could do

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Undo

What might create a bit of challenge, is what happens if the record is already saved? Now, that would depend a little on your setup.
    Roy-Vidar

The way I've always done this (and I thought this to be really the only way, with slight variations out there), is to have as many unbound text boxes and check boxes as you need. Then you copy the info into the controls from a rs. That way the users are working with "dummy" info, it doesn't matter what they do to them.

Then you have a Save button similar to the one you have; only this button on the On Click event will load whatever is in the controls back into the table. If the user chooses to close early without clicking the save button, it won't affect any of the data in the table, they'll just loose they're dummy data (I usually msgbox the user at this point to make sure they don't need to save the data).

EDIT: Typo
    Last edited by nckdryr; 08-07-07 at 15:34.
    Me.Geek = True

Yes, that is great idea. But i think Access should have this function in the future.

There's lots of things we wish Access could do. But if Access could do them all, you'd have one big and confusing software package and we'd be out of a job
    Me.Geek = True

You are absolutely right. Hope they always have weakness so that we can keep our jobs.No complain anymore.