Unanswered: Problems with dreamweaver / access db on web server.

Hi, I'm a complete newbie to all things dynamic and database related, but have been given the task of creating a log in area that inserts the users details into an access database then allows them to log in with a username and password. Due to lack of experience in ASP and access I've used dreamweaver. everything works on my remote server in the Inetpub/wwwroot folder (have placed everything in a subfolder however so not to disturb the current website) but when I upload to the web server and try to enter my details into the registration page and submit I get an error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/newbdbsite/register.asp, line 24

Have checked line 24 in my code:

MM_rsKey_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_conn_bdb_STRING

but none of this means anything to me.

Can anyone help?

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    You may strike lucky with this question here, but strictly speaking it you are seemingly using JET, not Access. there may be someone here who knows about Using JET in a dreamweaver setup

however the error message is suggesting to me that you don;t have gthe right ODBC driver on the webserver (or you have misspelt it)

Id check what th4e syntax of the command should be, and check that you have provided the correct filename

failing that I'd ask the question on a dreamweaver support site

looking at your question again are you using ASP? if so you'd be better off asking the question in the ASP section of this site.....
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton