Unanswered: The action or method is invalid because the form or report isn't bound to a table or

hey,
    I m trying to pass the values from one form to Main form.
    and that Main form has got some forms in it.
    via
    stLinkCriter = "[IssueNumber] = 7347"
    DoCmd.Open MainForm,,,stLinkCriteria

but the mainForm is not recieving this number as a parameter.
    rather its giving me an error.

"The Action or method is invalid becuase the form or report isn't bound to a table or query."
    Any help would be appriciated

If Main form is host to other forms, and does not have a record source, that's why you're having an error. You have to open the form that houses the record source in question in order to use the criteria.

Sam

Yup i tried that but by doing so all of my controls go to invisible mode and i cant see anyone of those.
    So to get rid of this problem i Made the row source property to blank.
    and on that main form i m not fetching any data but on the subform i m.
    But if i could pass my issuenumber anyhow. i would be able to fix the problm.
    and so a little bit confused to what to do??????????

Now I'm the one who's confused. How is your subform related to the main form without a record source in Main?

I suspect there's more than meets the eye. How about if you compact and ZIP your DB and upload it here, so we can get a look at it. Not many records are needed, just enough to do some basic troubleshooting.

Sam

Now i m cool.
    I have selected the max of the issuenumber as the rowsource and now i m using that. and its working for me. I was confused too but was trying too find some way by not using row source but ultimately i hve to use row source.but in a different way. Now it doesnt asks for the issuenumber over and over.
    Thanks for your help