Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: How can i dicript access databese -

I have a database file. In which some fields are containing data like this -

'20 A+DzRSOTMIzAHAzFG+MC,15

this data is encripted..

how can i dicript this data. plz help me...

Provided Answers: 59
    what should the data read
    how was it encrypted
    if you know the mechanism it was encrypted then it should be fairly easy to decrypt.

so assuming that you have full rights tot he db (including all design rights, not just in Access coding terms, but full rights assigned by the designer/supplier of the application I'd ask them what you need to so to decrypt it.

failing that you are potentially going to have to put in some test data, and then run various decrypt mechanisms against those data rows, and y'never know you may strike lucky.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Decrypting MS ACCESS database

Actally I don't know the way database was encrpted ,
    can u pls help me in suggesting the way database fields can be decrypted or what is required to decrypt it.

so you don't know how the db was encrypted
    you don't know who designed it
    you don't have the rights to make changes to the db

...im not sure Id want to get involved in that, sounds hooky

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ashishkummar
    Actally I don't know the way database was encrpted ,
    can u pls help me in suggesting the way database fields can be decrypted or what is required to decrypt it.
    Hi Ashishkummar,

What you're being asked is...Do you know who designed the database? Do you know who issued the user rights to the database? How are you trying to use the database to know that it is in fact encrypted? Are you able to even get into the database or are you trying to extract data using another program? Access has a means to encrypt data itself, but you still have to have the rights to decrypt it.

Bud

Post A have the rights

I have the rights - But i want to know the method to dicript it.

having the rights doesn't just mean you can opne the db in Access.. in this case it also means do you have the rights to modify the application.. ie has the original author or vendor of the software given you express permission to modify their application. if they have thats fine, if they haven't, speaking entirely for myself I dont want any part of it....

the best thing to do is to look at the source code and search for an encryption function..

What i understand from Ashishkummar,he just want to know how was it encrypted. Perhaps he want to design a similar program to encrypt some sensitive fields like passwords and be able to decrypt them.

Any help plz provide i'll appreciate too.

See the image of database

See the image of database.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails database.JPG  

Question yes i want to..

want to design a similar program to encrypt some sensitive fields like passwords and be able to decrypt them.

Any body can solve my problem ?

Talking

want to design a similar program to encrypt some sensitive fields like passwords and be able to decrypt them.

Any body can solve my problem ?
    HI again,
    It seems like for some reason you were not given permission/authority to have the ablility to do what you ask. If you want to simply design a similar program then just design one and then buy an encryption program to encrypt it. In Access however, I'm not sure you can encrypt just certain fields. To my knowledge you can only encrypt the database itself. Seems you're only interested in the Method it was encrypted which is beyond me as I have heard Access doesn't really have the best. Just Google around to find such a program and then after YOU design the database you can then use that program to encrypt it. Other than that just research how the encryption program in Access itself works. After all you can do that in Access if you have the rights/permission to do so. Is there something else we don't know about that you aren't telling us????

Ashishkummar.....Encrypt/Decrypt

Ashishkummar

You can actually encrypt some fields in MS Access like password,Address etc.
    For this one you'll need to create two functions Encrypt() and Decrypt()
    These two functions has the fields you want to encrypt as arguments.
    Just call the function before saving the record to the database.

Question how can i create functions

tell me the procedure/method to create functions to Encrypt() and Decrypt()
    the data base

tell me the procedure/method to create functions to Encrypt() and Decrypt()
    the data base
    Whether or not you will actually want to decrypt depends on your needs. If you must show the encrypted data to a person then you need to decrypt. However, such algorithms are less secure. There are one way encryption algorithms that are more secure.

For example, you never need to see someone's password. You would take their password and encrypt it. If ever you need to confirm that someone has entered the correct password you would encrypt what they entered and compare that to the stored encrypted password. No need to decrypt -> more secure.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.