Unanswered: Oracle Developer 9i

Hi guys,
    This is the first time I paricipate in this forum.

I wish you enjoy my contributions.

Actually, I haven't worked in Oracle Developer since the University times six or seven years ago. I mostly forgot everything about it.

For my fortune, I am the the only responsible for Oracle in all its products in my company, So I am the only guy!! I barely know the very basic things of database like some SQL commands, and TOAD software.

My question is about Reports:
    A field in the report does not show numbers bigger than (9999), instead it puts asterisks (****) how to fix this problem, and also how to locate the report file of it? I noticed a report name in the URL that produced this report, but I am wodering if it is the needed one!

Thank you !

The stars indicate that the field overflowed. In otherwords the number it was trying to display was more then 9999 in length. To correct, expand the display column in the report or find out if there is an error in your data that it making it bigger then was expected. Oracle Reports have an extent of RDF. You will have to use Oracle Reports Designer to modify it.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Provided Answers: 4
    It is, khm, Reports Builder

Just to add a few words to Bill's explanation: expanding the display column does not mean only to grab the field handle and enlarge it, but also change its format mask property; the easiest way would be viewing Paper Layout and double-clicking field whose property you'd like to change.

This problem also occurred to me.
    Last edited by aziz_d99; 08-10-07 at 11:28.

Thank you beilstwh and Littlefoot.
    the easiest way would be viewing Paper Layout and double-clicking field whose property you'd like to change.
    Is it the Length property?Because I changed it then I compiled the report, and no change happened.

Provided Answers: 4
    Length isn't part of field's Property palette. Format Mask is.