Unanswered: Locking sa Account

We have Websense installed on one of our servers.

The database is MSSQL 2005, and it's configured using the local system account to run all of the services.

The sa account keeps locking repeatedly, even though I have manually unlocked it using SSMS. And it locks right away. I cannot log into the database using the sa account, but can see it through a Domain Admin account.
    "Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. It makes all things alive and significant. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Provided Answers: 11
    Could be something in SQLAgent trying to log in with the sa account. Are any errors generated when the sa account is locked out? Or is there any real need to keep it unlocked?

All the SQL Agents are running as the local account. There are no errors generated, it just checks the box right away. Everything looks enabled, but I need the sa account inside Websense to set up users for reporting. It doesn't seem to work with AD logins. I can't even open the tool. I tried setting up another user in SSMS and gave it full access, but that doesn't work for fixing the reporting tool.

Think I am going to call Websense and maybe just reinstall.
    Last edited by Liebling; 08-08-07 at 17:09.
    "Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. It makes all things alive and significant. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Provided Answers: 11
    Check SQL Server's errorlog. By default, they log failed logins, now. Also, they have added the client responsible for the attempt (a very nice feature). See if you have a log of failed logins for the sa account that do not correspond to your attempts to use the WebSense application.