Unanswered: Office 2003 vs. office 2002

I create a database in my PC with office 2003. Now i just find out it doesn't in office 2002. I mean Access 2002. I would like to know what is the main difference between. When we upgrate to Office 2003. They ask many question, such as would you like to open it ,etc. So i change the security to low. It works fine with all macro and get user name. But if i use default that is medium. It won't work. So i would like to know what do you do. Can you give me some piont so i can understand. I just know the office 2003 add security, they block some functions. Many thanks.

Provided Answers: 10
    Each release of Access has changes, so if you run a 2003 on a 2002 it may have some compatability issues (functions that are not available in the oler verrsion).

Therefore, as a developer you should always be developing in the earliest release taht your users will be... using!

If all your users are using 2003 then it is perfectly acceptable to build your app in that environment.
    George
    Home | Blog

Interestingly: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=1621269
    Give that a quick read
    George
    Home | Blog

Yes, i should create the datbase in old version. But we will upgrade to Office 2003 SOON. When i click the data entry form. There is date that is automatically retrieve today's date. I create default value using date() in the table design. But when i open in old version it didn't show up the date. Also i use other field that is use function like edit =date. It also gave me error message.

I also use DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet, i add reference in new version as Microsoft Excel 11.0 object library. But the old version is Microsoft Excel 10.0 object library AND Microsoft Excel 5.0 object library. Is that way i can chance back to old library?

Thank you very much!

I got it work. I delete the reference from my pc. And add reference from old pc. It works. But i really need to learn the difference between two version. Will ask you question later.

I convert the database to old verson. I create default value using date() in the table design. But when i open in old version it didn't show up the date. It gave me #Name?. Why? Thanks for your help.

What's the datatype of this field?
    change it to datetime and try Now()
    George
    Home | Blog

Yes, it is datetime data type. If change to now it work. But i would like to know why. If i want to retrieve only date like 8/9/2007 short time not long time 8/9/2007 11:30 am. I need to change the format in table or form?

Thanks.

Try it and see
    George
    Home | Blog

Thank you very much