Question Unanswered: Access/Word Mail Merge - Simple Query

Can someone tell me if it is possible (and if so... could you guide me in the right direction as to how) to create a mail merge that would use a query created in Access (not typed out SQL). I am trying to make a function that use the arguments of MS Word file location and the Access Query Name to automatically create a mail merge. At the moment, I am entering the SQL statements myself. However, I am in the process of finding another job and would like to make this as easy as possible for the person that replaces me as they will most likely not be into programming at all.

I hope I explained my issue correctly. Let me know if you have any questions. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 10
    How about you create a query in access that accepts a parameter?
    Example:
    Code:
    SELECT surname, forename, email
    FROM    people
    WHERE  branch_location = [Enter branch location]
    George
    Home | Blog

Is there a way to use the query itself as the data source instead of giving it the raw sql? Point it to the query name and have it come up with the appropriate sql statement? I know that in the future, they will be able to create a simple query on their own... but having them type out the SQL select statements and such is probably a bit much for them.

Provided Answers: 10
    What I was suggesting is that you set up a number of generic queries with input parameters, like above. Then allow your users to select a query to run with a report.
    George
    Home | Blog