Thread: Backup Problem

Unanswered: Backup Problem

My PM given me a file as backup for MS SQL SERVER 2000 I want to restore it in MS SQL SERVER 2005
    I can't understand what type of file is it I always use .bkp file in MS SQL 2005 please help me to
    under stand

file is as attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 6
    no one is going to download and unzip your file because they are afraid it might wbe a virus. What is the file extension of the file inside the zip file?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    no one is going to download and unzip your file because they are afraid it might wbe a virus.
    From unzipping?

ankur, I don't see that your file has any extension on it. But the extension is superfluous anyway. Just rename it with a .bak extension and try restoring it to 2005. If it is a valid SQL Backup the 2005 should be able to restore it regardless of what extension is on it.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    From unzipping?

ankur, I don't see that your file has any extension on it. But the extension is superfluous anyway. Just rename it with a .bak extension and try restoring it to 2005. If it is a valid SQL Backup the 2005 should be able to restore it regardless of what extension is on it.

This is backup file for SQL SERVER 2000 in that when we take backup no extension come out I restored this file in sql server 2000 successfully
    but problem occur when I try to restore in sql server 2005

Provided Answers: 1
    What problem?
    Did you gen an error message?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com