Unanswered: Help Me In My Quest In Completion Of My Project

Hi all, this is my first post here, its great to be here. Ok to start off, i am working in a production company whereby my boss wants me to collect audit datas for everyday production run using microsoft accces 2003, lets say production of printer ink cartridges. I have no basic relevant experience with access, so i hope eveyone can pool in to help me, thank you in advance ^_^

First Question
    First of all i need to create a graph(I heard graphs are hard in access) whereby i will track the ink weight fluctuations at any point of time, so audit pens are always carried out like 2 pieces per 500 pieces run. So if one day, the production has about 3K output, that means i must have 6 pieces of audit pen. I wanted the layout of the form to look like this.

Please Enter The No Of Audits Pen You Want : (Text Box)(ans = 6)
    As User enters 6 in the Text Box, another 6 text box will appear just below it.

Audit Pen 1: 50g
    Audit Pen 2: 52.5g
    Audit Pen 3: 58.4g
    Audit Pen 4: 64.5g
    Audit Pen 5: 70.56g
    Audit Pen 6: 61.23g

Then the user will key in the weight of the pens in the 6 repective fields as shown above.

Lastly a graph(a line graph chart is preferred) will be shown below the fields.
    There will be 2 values at Y axis Upper Control Limit(80g) and Lower Control Limit(40g). So whenever the values entered on the fields exceed above or below any of the limits, we can easily track at which audit pens, it did not meet the weight limits, so then we can go down and investigate the problem.

I hope i am clear in what i post, anyone in doubts, please feel free to post back. A Big Thank You!

Provided Answers: 10
    Hey DbFanatics.

I've got some good news, and some bad news.
    The bad news is that we don't do your work for you (I mean, why should we, we're not getting paid for it )
    The good news is that we are more than happy to help you to do your work! The more initiative you show, the more likely you are to receive a response.

My first piece of advice, before you even consider form design/reporting/etc is to read up on database design and produce a normalized data model.

This is a great resource which covers almost everything you need. I advise you to read it, read it again, and then go back over it a third time maticulously so that you understand it.*

Design the foundations before you start putting up the second floor

*EDIT: Seriously
    Home | Blog

Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    georgev is right, the first order of business is to read! Despite the PR hype Micro$oft puts out, you can't just jump into Access feet first and expect to have a satisfactory outcome. Once you'd done the reading, the order of business should be something like this:

Normalized Data Model - Tables - Queries - Forms - Reports

Graphs would be a sub category under Forms, Reports or both. Doing things aout of order may increase your development time exponentially! Give it a whirl and let us know when you run into snags.

Good Luck!

Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007