Unanswered: Sorting is ok in queries and forms but backwards in reports

As the title says, a few of my co-workers just pointed out to me that some of the sorting doesn't run currectly. Each record in the master table can have up to 14 sub records. Each sub is a category. The categories have their own table. In the report I need the categories to be listed in order that they are in tblCat. tblCat does have a pk, and everything that refers to tblCat is a lookup field.

The categories are listed backwards when they are in the report. I have them sorted ASC and it still is backwards.

Thanks
    Ryan
    My Blog

Provided Answers: 6
    Is the sorting set in the report's Sorting and Grouping, as it needs to be?
    Paul

Yep. I unset and put it back, and it works *shrugs*
    Ryan
    My Blog

Without seeing your report, a couple of things to check...

1. The report defaults to the queries sorting method if none is specified in the sorting/grouping property. You should set your sorting/grouping in the report.
    2. Make sure it's not sorting on another field. Do you have groupings in the report? Are there any other fields in the sorting/grouping property other than the one you want sorted?
    3. Try eliminating all the fields except the one you are sorting on and see how that works. If it works ok, then start adding other fields, creating headers/footers, etc.., checking the report each step of the way. It's a good way to identify where the problem is.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

1. The query was sorted, that's why I was like huh?
    2. There is only one other grouping. That is like a PK on my main table, what isn't/wasn't sorting right was stuff from the second table that has details.
    Ryan
    My Blog