Unanswered: ADO/LDAP query gives "Table does not exist" error
I am trying to retrieve data about a user using an ADO/LDAP query from my ASP page (classic ASP, not ASP .NET). I am connecting to an Active Directory server over LDAP on port 636 (SSL). However I get a "Table does not exist." error. The credentials and connection details I am using are correct as I have tried connecting using an LDAP client and it works fine, but my code in ASP it fails. I have tried many permutations of the code and I aways get the same error! The Web server and LDAP server are at different locations and on different domains.
Here is the code (sensitive details replaced with X's):
I think the problem is something to do with security/SSL/the fact that the servers are not in the same domain. However I am able to connect using an LDAP client tool so the two servers are able to connect, but there is probably something that ADO doesn't like, the moodly little thing that it is.
The annoying thing is that LDAP through ADO seems to always return just one generic error "table does not exist" no matter what the problem is. Which of course is of no help whatsoever
You are right, my bad!
the link that you posted suggests a different method to the one you're using
Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
conn.Provider = "ADSDSOObject"
conn.Open "ADs Provider"
Set rs = conn.Execute( _
While Not rs.EOF
Debug.Print rs.Fields(0).Value, rs.Fields(1).Value, _