DB Design (RM Model) to Application development

I was hoping someone on these forums would be able to help me or point in the direction of where to find the relevant information... i have searched the forums but to no avail.

Oh the problem i am having is that i have had to design a database for work purposes and pass it on to the application developers.... i have now completed this database design which has been verified as correct so far.
    I used DB Designer4 for the relational model which produces a schema and sql code for the tables, however what i would like to know is what are the next steps... how do the application developers make the design come to life, i ask as i have some sql skills and would like to convert the design into an application my self but don't have a clue of what happens after the design phase... please help.

What tools applications would i need to use to convert the relational model into a fully functioning database application with a fully functioning interface

after the database design phase comes the application development phase

if the application is to be web-based (i.e. the users will get at it through web browsers) then you will need a scripting language, like php or jsp or coldfusion or asp

if the application is to be standalone or client-server based, you will need a development language like visual basic or dot net or summat

have you ever worked with any of these languages?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

no i ma afraid i have not used the above programs, have knowledge of VB and such but was hoping to do the application using pl sql and oracle, but just wanted to know how i would get about making the standalone application using oracle and pl sql

if the above makes no sense could you explain what the steps would be needed to translate the relational model into an application using VBasic

You can't make a stand-alone application using Oracle PSQL, or MSSQL TSQL for that matter. These languages are designed for data retrieval, and do not support the creation of forms, dialog boxes, and all the other objects we associate with application interfaces.
    An exception to this is MS Access, which bundles presentation objects with the database engine. But MS Access is not a true database server and is not suitable for Enterprise Applications.
    In a properly designed application, SQL is used to retrieve information, which is then displayed by whatever front-end application tool you choose to use.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

sorry if i am being dense but could i not create a standalone application using something like Oracle APEX.
    because i was thinking would it not be possible to use oracle apex as the front end for the stand alone application, if i am being dense please help me out

what would you suggest, or how would you go about transforming the relational model for a problem into a standalone application for users to use as required.

Yes, Oracle APEX looks like a platform you could use to develop a web interface to your database. Since you know the database platform you are going to use (Oracle), and you are using a proprietary development tool, you should consider posting specific question in the Oracle forum.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com