Unanswered: Does any of the db2 object satisfy "who has access to what" condition?

Hi,

Does db2 have any object (schema, table,view,index, tablespaces.. etc) that satisfy the condition "who has access to what"?

ex.
    like we have groups , which indicate user permission...ie. what permission a user belonging to a particular group has.

In a simillar way does db2 have any other supporting data which satisfy the condition "who has access to what"?

Thanks.

Yes, the DB2 catalog views (e.g. SYSCAT.TABAUTH) lists that information. Basically, look at the various views that have the suffix AUTH in their name.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Hi Knut,

Thanks for the reply.
    I wanted to find if any of the object itself satisfy the condition "who has access to what".

ex. when i consider group, the "group" object itself satisfy the condition and not few values of group object.. like Admin group/Domain group etc

Similarly with DB2, does any object as whole (views, schema, table, index, tablespace etc) satisfy the condition.

----chandurp

DB2 is a relational database system. The database catalog is (mostly) normalized. Therefore, it doesn't throw information together if it doesn't belong together.

You could write a UNION ALL view that combines the information from the various *AUTH catalog views if you really want to have a single table.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Hi Knut,

We are writing an application that will use the DB2 native calls to provision the account on DB2. This application shows an account form (UI) which will contain the different attributes that are associated with the account, for example userId and other details.

My curosity is to know which all other objects (supporting data exmaple group) in DB2 are there which will get associated with account while it is being provisioned or can be associated.

Lets take an exmaple of Active Directory(AD) account:
    When we provision the account on the AD the supporting data is AD group (here the group specifies the privillages), i.e the account can belong to one of these group and what all privilages are there associated with that group are applicable for the accounts that belong to that group.

On the similiar line I want to know which all object(supporting data satisfying the condition "who has access to what") are there in DB2 that we have to consider while provisioning the account.

We require this supporting data so that we can asscoiated the privilage with the account (Connect to database, create table etc.)

Thanks
    chandurp