Unanswered: Printed watermark

I have a question about the void receipt. If the receipt is void. I would like to print void receipt with watermark like in word. Just like void check. Is it possible in the report. Thank you!

That is a printer setting, nothing to do directly with Access. E.g., my printer at work (an HP4100B network printer): when I click File-->Print, and the dialog box comes up, I click "Properties", click on the "Effects" tab, and the Watermark combo is right there. Just click "Edit" to create/edit a watermark, or set an existing watermark for the current report. Saving the setup marries the watermark to the report.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Provided Answers: 10
    You could just slap something across a report using labels... You can set a property of them to only be visible on print (or other)... That is, if memory serves correctly
    George
    Home | Blog

Hello, i got it work as the printer has this option to do it. Thanks.

Kewl...Does the other printer you might use have this option as well.

Like George mentioned....slap a label (with the Visible property set to No) across the report and when the condition is met....make the label Visible.

(like I'm gonna rip through a printers dialog either manually or programmatically every time I want Void written on a receipt)

DOH....did I say that out loud?

Last edited by CyberLynx; 09-06-07 at 15:28.
    Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Actually A2002 has a field on the [format] tab that says display when: always/print only/screen only just do the print only one.

Provided Answers: 10
    That's what I was getting at
    Combine your answer and Mr Lynx' and you're there!
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker343
    Actually A2002 has a field on the [format] tab that says display when: always/print only/screen only just do the print only one.
    Better yet... create a yes/no column named void or something and set the data source of the label to =Iif([void], "VOID", ""). Now the watermark will only show for records that are voided. (And set it to be visible always.)

If you're printing straight from a form and don't want the watermark to show on the form, try this: set the watermark to be "print only." Add a radio button that is screen only. During data entry, the radio button shows you whether the record is void. When printing, the big watermark comes out. This trick saves a lot of duplicated effort involved with creating a separate form and report.

This is nice. I did try to use label with void text on it. It looks good. But the thing is i would like to have void word cover the whole receipt. I try to add the font size and let it show on the center. Is that way to have void word cover the whole receipt? Maybe i could use image. So that will be good. What do you think?

Well then...Use the Image control then. Make a Image that will look exactly as you like it. What the hell.... get it off the Internet if you like. Convert it to a Watermark....whatever. Stretch the Image to waterever size you want. Make the Image Control visible when the right condition is met.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!