Question Unanswered: Can I Bypass WORKBOOK_OPEN from VBA

I have a task to copy data from many Exel workbooks, identical in format, and each one has a WORKBOOK_OPEN procedure. Each workbook will be opened in a loop using VBA in my working Excel file, but can I open each workbook without running the code in WORKBOOK_OPEN?

Thanks.
    Jerry

Is there a reason to specifically open the workbooks? If not, you needn't concern yourself with it.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

The end result is to combine the #1 worksheet of many workbooks into one worksheet. If I can do this without opening each workbook to do the copying, I would like to learn how this can be done. I am currently opening each workbook in a certain directory and copying and pasting the data into one worksheet.
    Jerry

You can use the 'EnableEvents' property to prevent the Workbooks_Open event from triggering when you open the workbook. You want to re-enable events after the workbook has opened by setting the property to True. Here's an example.
    Code:
    Sub OpenWBTest()
      strPath = ThisWorkbook.Path
      strFileName = strPath & "\" & "ONOpenTest.xls"

Application.EnableEvents = False
       Workbooks.Open (strFileName)
      Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub
    As shades hinted, you can do this without opening the workbooks and bypass the on-open events. The way I know of to do this is by using ADO to retrieve the worksheet data into a Dataset. ADO can be tricky to set up. Opening each workbook will probably be easier for you and can work well.
    ~

Bill