Unanswered: report with subreports in print different from screen

Hello,

i have a report which works fine on the screen but not in printing.

structure:
    group1
    group2
    subreport1
    subreport2
    group11
    group12
    group13 (keep together with first detail section; does this have an effect if only has subgroup?)
    group14 (keep together complete group)
    detail
    subreport11 next to subreport12 next to subreport 13
    subreport21

subreport3
    subreport4

some records show only header of group13 on new page, then first detail record of group14 on next page and then an new blank page, although everything would fit in one page

tried a lot combinations

curios:
    1.) different problem, change background-color to non-white color, then problem gone, then changed back to white background.color: problem gone
    => makes analyzing difficult
    2.) one setting worked in printing the first 10 pages but not all of the pages, although no page from to or something would change the content size

i'm not sure if keep together works fine in subreports because we also had problems with page breaks

some setting works with non-white background-color settings but not with background-color white.

i think we don't have margin problems during printing, because with non-white-background-colors it works in some settings

any help welcome

"some records show only header of group13 on new page, then first detail record of group14 on next page and then an new blank page, although everything would fit in one page"

This sounds like a grouping properties and where the fields are positioned in the correct groups on the report as well as possibly a Force new page after section property of that section problem.

Without seeing your problem, I might recommend starting with a frest report and supreport. Then start tweaking it to fit your needs. Pay attention to where you put the fields for what groupings and the properties (ie. Force New Page (before/after section), New Row or Col, Keep together), and the group properties (ie. Keep together.)

I'm not sure if this would really have anything to do with the color background though and why that plays a factor.

Keep in mind that different printers and printer drivers and the report saved with those printer drivers as the default for that report can affect how it looks from computer to computer so you can't really compare what it looks like for one printer compared to another printer with the report saved with the first printer's settings.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 08-26-07 at 20:56.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)