Thread: About Time.

Unanswered: About Time.

I have an access database with backend with access97. As the database is very complicate, we also have different verson of access. I don't want to convert to higher access version. Just want to keep this dabase working in any version of access. But the thing is stange. I have access 2003. I tried this database, it works totally fine. I tried another computer with Microsoft access 2002 (10.6771.6825) SP3, it also works fine. But today i copy this database to our laptop, and i also change the database link to the database location in the laptop. The version of access is: Microsoft Access 2002 (10.6771.6830) SP3, then it didn't work, first of all, the time (with default value as date() in the table design). Anybody has this experience, as we don't want to change the default value, but still want to work any version. Could you please give me explaination and suggeston? Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by yyu
    the time (with default value as date() in the table design).
    The TimeEntered is set to date() in the table. When open the data entry form in the laptop, It shows "#Name?". Thanks for your help.

Try checking your References....it one MISSING?

Is there a service pack 22? (just kidding)
    Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Provided Answers: 19
    I suspect the offending PC is missing a reference to the Visual Basic for Applications.

Short cure: Go into the code module ( aka the VBA Code Editor) for your form, then goto Tools - References. Check all of the selected references. If any of the selected references have "MISSING" in front of them, unselect them, and back out of the dialog box. Now go back into the dialog box and reselect the reference.

For a fuller explanation of this try :
    http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/Ac...nceErrors.html
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Let me check with these. Thanks for your help.

Thank you all very much! I uncheck the reference, and check it again. It works. Great!

Provided Answers: 19
    Glad you got it fixed!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007