Unanswered: could not lock file

I'm having an interesting problem.... I have two computers, one hosting a back-end .mdb file and a .mdw permissions file. Both computers have a front-end .mdb file that connects to these files. The machine that is not hosting the back-end and permissions file is giving me a 'could not lock file' message whenever I try to log in with any account other than the administrator. If I log in as the admin everything works fine. Not sure what the problem is since it is obviously talking to the host computer as I can log in as the admin and access the data... Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using MS Access 2000 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner700
    I'm using MS Access 2000 btw.
    You'll need to set folder permissions on the shared drive to allow all users file create/read/write permissions.

Access (as well as ADO) create a lock file (.ldb) whenever a database file is opened. The user name of the person connecting to the file is stored in the ldb file. So long as anyone is still connected to the data file, the .ldb file stays. When the last person to be in the file disconnects, the lock file is deleted.

Hence, the requirement for the create/read/write permissions on the shared folder by ANYONE who needs to access the data file.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert