Red face Suggestion on Question table design

Hi all, I am new here. Would like to seek suggestions from experts here.

I have a system which will save a lot of sets of question. Different question will grouped as one set and assigned to a level (difficulty- there is 26 level). Is it good to have 26 tables of each level like tableQuestionLevel1, tableQuestionLevel2 .......tableQuestionLevel[n] in order to keep the question?
    Or have two table. one is set master table which will store set id and level, and another table which is question data and referencing set id?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmf165
    Hi all, I am new here. Would like to seek suggestions from experts here.

I have a system which will save a lot of sets of question. Different question will grouped as one set and assigned to a level (difficulty- there is 26 level). Is it good to have 26 tables of each level like tableQuestionLevel1, tableQuestionLevel2 .......tableQuestionLevel[n] in order to keep the question?
    Or have two table. one is set master table which will store set id and level, and another table which is question data and referencing set id?

Thanks
    Well, what do you think is easier, creating and managing 26 tables or creating and managing 2?

There is a general rule in computer programming of any sort: if you're doing something ten times over, you've defeated the purpose of using a computer. You should always make the computer do it ten times over, if at all possible.

Thanks for reply

Ya, I have done this actually. But when client saw it. they prefer that 26table method, which make me headache. I am trying to convince on 2 table actually.

But when client saw it. they prefer that 26table method, which make me headache.
    fire the client
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Ya, I have done this actually. But when client saw it. they prefer that 26table method, which make me headache. I am trying to convince on 2 table actually.
    Ask them what will happen if they decide to have 28 levels instead of 26? They will have to create two new tables, whereas with the two table design, you don't have to modify the database design at all. Your two table method is more "scalable"

Better, unless you are required to do so, never show a non-technically proficient client different possibilities that they aren't qualified to choose between.