Question Unanswered: Need help with password complexity

I need to restore a v2000 database to a v2005 database including all users. It's a brand new server and database. When I try to copy all of the new accounts, I get this error:

Msg 15118, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is not complex enough.

What do I do with the password complexity? Any ideas?

Regards,

sounds like it's on a different network
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Provided Answers: 11
    SQL 2005 introduces Password Complexity rules....OK, not really. SQL Server looks at the OS on the local machine for password policies, and blatantly copies them. In this shop, we only have application logins, so we change the passwords to more complex varieties, and happily go forward, after a few changes to a few configuration files. If you have users that access the database, you should probably set them up with Windows Authenticated logins.

Quote Originally Posted by MCrowley
    SQL 2005 introduces Password Complexity rules....OK, not really. SQL Server looks at the OS on the local machine for password policies, and blatantly copies them. In this shop, we only have application logins, so we change the passwords to more complex varieties, and happily go forward, after a few changes to a few configuration files. If you have users that access the database, you should probably set them up with Windows Authenticated logins.

Good to know....we do the same thing, but I'm sure it would have been a pitfall on conversion

What's the complixety rules?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.