Question Unanswered: Disable Constraints

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to disable check constraints in sybase. I m a new bie to sybase. I have tried oracle syntax for disabling constraints "NOCHECK CONSTRAINTS". But this doesn't seems to be working with sybase.

My actual requirement is to update DB with encrypted text which may not satisfy the check constraint. So I need to disable them. In case the sybase doesn't support disabling of constraints then is their any other way out to my problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    New Bie

Don't think there's a way to disable. The DBA here does this: Drop constraints first. Update. Then recreate.

Question Disable or Drop Foreign Keys

Quote Originally Posted by tenzil
    Don't think there's a way to disable. The DBA here does this: Drop constraints first. Update. Then recreate.
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have implemented your "Drop constraints first. Update. Then recreate" suggestion. It seems to be worked.

Now I am facing the same poblem for the foreign key constraints. I have dopped foreign constraints and then update table with encrypted data. But this time its not possible to recreate foreign keys as the table validates automatically unlike its check constraints behaviour.

Please suggest what can I do now for droping and then recreating foreign keys on encrypted data. Is their any way for stopping automatic validation of table?

Regards
    NewBie.