Thread: Create Report

Unanswered: Create Report

I have a renew form with PDF file, they may be have word format too. Now they need create a report exact same as this form. But some of the data have to be retrieve from database. Is any faster way to convert PDF file to access report? As they may change later. I have to redo again. Thanks.

I had to put my glasses on for this one.

If what you are trying to do is generate a Access Report that Looks Like the PDF Form/Report then you will most likely need to do this by hand (make the report yourself in design view). This (in my opinion) is a better way to go anyway.

--------------------------------------------------

If what you are trying to do is extract the data from a PDF Form/Report /Document and place the data into an Access table or tables then your in a whole different world of sh@# (so to speak). Take a look here to start:

Not the end of the world though, it all depends upon what sort of data is contained within the PDF document (or PDF Form) or what it is exactly we are trying to extract.

There are serveral PDF converters out there but I personally have yet to see one that will convert PDF to Microsoft Access. You can get PDF to Word or PDF to Excel converters. You can also get PDF to Text converters and this is where you may have some luck in converting PDF data and placing it into Access Tables. Access can easily work with text files and if you code things right, you can actually read the text file and place the data into a Access Table or Tables. Not impossible but quite the undertaking.

I have never tried this....but it would be the route I would most likely first try (convert PDF to Text). You will however, still need to create the Form or report yourself.

Who knows....maybe there is something out there that will do the job.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Provided Answers: 5
    easiest way if you have acrobat
    http://www.freeware995.com/misc/vbacode.txt

or: if the form "template NEVER changes its format:
    1)Scan the form into an image
    2)Save the image onto a report
    3)Place the fields for the data in the appropriate places on the image

or: or if the end result is to create a pdf again then create the snp and look at the following link
    GsLantern EASY! 2.0.00 (gslantern.com)

I use the 2nd method quite frequently - especially when doing 1099's at the end of the year. - It is easier than designing an entire report to match something.
    Dale Houston, TX

Now that's an interesting idea axsprog. I'll have to try that when the time arises. I do however, like to personally have full control of the report format but like you say, if the Report format is never to change.....why the hell not.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!