you may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator o

The problem is when I clicked "My network place" I could not see both computers, therefore I cannot shares all the files from both computer, the computer name is configured and both pcs in the same workgroup, but when I try to access teh shares files, the error message as follows

"\\pc is not accessible. you may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The network path was not found.

How to fix this problem..help!!

Try this

I discovered this while working on another problem and it fixed the "You may not have permission" problem for me. And I had tried ALL the other suggestions. Using regedit go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\NetBT\Parameters

There you will find DhcpNodeType. I'm told that by default it is 1. Mine was 2. Changing it to 1 gave me access to the network shares. Changing it back denied me access. A local college network sets it to 2 and my network doesn't seem to change this.

And what does any of this have to do with MS Access, the subject of this forum?
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Oh no satpat. It's the Forum Police and You posted your problem to what Missinglinq considers the WRONG forum.
    O K. When I had the "You may not have permission" problem, I could not share the MS ACCESS files on my network.

Admins, could this thread be moved to Apps and Tools? It's not a database question.

It's the Forum Police and You posted your problem to what Missinglinq considers the WRONG forum.

Hey, smart guy, moving posts to the proper forum means that the people who know the answer are more likely to read the question.

I seem to remember getting an error similar to this (can't remember if was the same messge) when we rolled out an MS Database over a network. Users on one part o fhte network were OK, on the other part they couldn't see the tables (database was split front and back end).

I had to look into the netwokr issues involved, find the solution, and then explain to our useless IT Support Manager how to fix the problem (only his department had the right permissions to effect the solution).

It is sometimes worth remembering two things:

a) MS Access can be affected by network issues.
    b) It's always worthwhile putting someone in charge of IT Support who, in technical terms, can do more than just barely turn a computer on!