Unanswered: How to make database.

Hello all,

As from title, you ppl might come to know that i m very new in oracle. Previously I use Microsoft SQL Server 2000. In that from Enterprise Manager, I used to make database and tables in that database.

Now, I am using Oracle 9i. And I want to do the same here in oracle.

For example,
    Table 1: emp_mst
    Table 2: emp_trns

I have created those table and related with each other using p.k and f.k. e.g. one to many.

Now I want to make one database i.e. EMPLOYEE which have those tables.

Waiting for ur reply,

Thanks & Regards,

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    First & foremost visit and Read The Fine Concepts Manual.

Words such as "database" have VERY different meaning when comparing their use in MS SQLServer and use in Oracle.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Croatia, Europe
    Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chintan@saama
    I have created those tables ...
    Where did you create them? On a paper? If so, you'll have to connect to the database (using SQL*Plus, for example) and issue CREATE TABLE statements to create those tables in current user's schema (a term you incorrectly call "database" in Oracle).

If, on the other hand, you have already created those tables in an Oracle database, fine - you don't have to do anything. They are owned by user you used to run CREATE TABLE statements.

However, if you insist on having those tables in the 'employee' schema (schema = user + its objects), you'll first have to create user called 'employee' (do that connected as a privileged user), and then connect to that user and run CREATE TABLE statements. Or, as an option, use Export / Import utilities, or even CTAS (create table as ...) principle.