Unanswered: Sybase ASE, Replicaiton Server and BATCH jobs

Please forgive me if this is not the appropriate place to ask a question that regards both Sybase, Replication and BATCH jobs.

Has anyone had any experience in running night BATCH jobs in a repliacted environment? For example, we are using the "Warm Standby" Replication Model for Sybase ASE and Sybase Replication Server. This model has only one Sybase Replication Server, which is hosted on the replica / warm standby. Our goal is to run night BATCH jobs, but were concerned if this would be too overwhelming for Replication Server and the Warm Standby.

What are your thoughts? Does replication have to be turned off while a BATCH job runs, then later re-sync the servers? Or, can we run the nightly BATCH job and have faith that the Replication Server can handle such a volume of data / transactions?

Thank you for your help. Look forward to your feedback and ideas.

Provided Answers: 1
    It depends on what the batch is doing. In my case the replication could not keep up as the app recreate many large reporting tables and receive data via slow/logged bcp on the live database every night. Instead I am now using log shipping.

As long as you do all your BATCH activity within a stored procedure. You simply replicate the stored proc instead of the result of the stored proc. This way, it is just one line that goes through the rep server and the WS is always in sync.

Thank you both for your response...

I want to thank you both for your response... The information you provided is really helpful and has set me onthe right track.

We are setting up a new Sybase Replication Server solution from scratch, so how to handle large BATCH jobs was my biggest concern. Your answers have addressed my question. Thank you.