Unanswered: Another DB2Move Question

Wondering if I should use the DB2Move utility.

Currently running out of disk space so I installed a larger drive on my server. I now need to have my database reside on this new drive and am wondering what the proper procedure is to accomplish this.

Books I have on DB2 do not even mention DB2Move, I'm a novice when it comes to DB2 so I'm not totally clear on the steps I need to perform to do this correctly.

Worst case, I could edit the install script, point the db to my new drive and start from scratch, but I don't advance my knowledge by doing that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Provided Answers: 5
    Your best options is to use either backup and redirected restore, or the db2relocatedb tool.

Andy

cant creating new containers for a tablespace on new drive would help. once a new container is created i think rebalancing will take care of other things
    Rahul Singh
    Certified DB2 9 DBA / Application Developer

Ok... but, not much information provided for the redirected restore in online help and nothing found so far on db2relocatedb... is that an exeternal tool I have to go find and download?

To answer my own question re: db2relocatedb:

I googled db2relocatedb and came up with the following - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db...amb/index.html

This seems to provide me with the needed information..

Thank you

Provided Answers: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by myBoo
    Ok... but, not much information provided for the redirected restore in online help and nothing found so far on db2relocatedb... is that an exeternal tool I have to go find and download?
    Lookup the RESTORE command in the help. Redirected restore should be in there somewhere.

Andy