Unanswered: Averaging Averages--what is easiest

Good afternoon, all.

I recorded the numeric results of 8 questions on a survey, Q1 through Q8, for discussion purposes. I then averaged the question results via a select query: AvgQ1 in a column, AvgQ2 in a column, so on and so forth. Ridiculously simple thus far.

I am at the point where I need to average the averages. What is the easiest way to go about this? All of the preceding information already appears on one report, and the "average of the averages" also needs to appear on the same report.

Let me know if more clarification is needed.

Place your query within yet another query
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Maitland NSW,Australia
    It is mathematically incorrect to Average an Average.

You will need to total numeric response for each question and the number of times this question was answered. Then the Average for the survey would be the total numeric response for Q1+total numeric response for numeric response for Q8 to give a value we will call total_numeric_responses Now total the number of responses for Q1+total the number of responses for the number of responses for Q8 to give a value we will call total_repsonses. The average will be the total_numeric_responses divided by total_responses.

That's more or less what I've wound up doing, Poppa Smurf.

Going off topic, I inherited a horrific exit survey from my predecessor in my new job, and moving the entire thing into Access is the first step in cleaning up the entire process for the survey. As it stands, the survey is still a statistical nightmare in many ways, and a cover letter accompanies the results politely stating that. Thank you for your input.