play 20 questions with a bot..

Found this on another forum, see how long you can keep the bot guessing

http://www.20q.net/pflash/index_content.html

...not much point..
    I got to question 30 before it choked and gave up
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Yeah, it barfed up at 26 for me. Although, in all fairness, I should probably not have been thinking of that particular body part, I suppose. The bot might just not have had the balls to say that word.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

Funny. It just couldn't guess that I was thinking of how to implement and upload a DoD Wide Area WorkFlow Receiving/Combo report using secure FTP protocol... Just not that clever, guess...
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

...ok so thats 3 out of 3 thinking particularly obscure objects for the bot to guess, and what a surprise it failed. Mind you I was surprised that it didn't ask what you guessed so it could add it to its list of questions next time round.

perhaps we should accept that the bot, like the original reason for the post... a feeble excuse for a bit of advertising, its not very good.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

What's weird is that when that website (and the 20 Questions Toys) first came out about two years ago, it seemed to guess correctly every time. I don't know if they changed the algorithm, or if it just has too many objects/concepts in its memory, or what. But I remember it being much more accurate, and really impressing all the guys in my office that tried it out.
    Similarly, when the Song Tapper website came out it easily guessed almost every song I tried on it, but when I showed it to my son last week it missed three out of three on some rather common tunes.

Maybe computers are getting stupider!?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com