Unanswered: Conditional range problem

Hello all - I'm usually a database guy (Access) but now I'm on an Excel project, with a perplexing problem.

My project has an opening screen that calls for a range(turned into a dropdown from validation) to be "invisible" when:

1: the page opens
    2: the user selects "NO" from ANOTHER dropdown on that page.

I can't find anything to help me on this, and I own a few Excel books. Google gives me no results either.

Does anyone have anything they've done that will help?

Mike

Oh, yeah - the dropdowns in question are named ranges; each is just one cell as a dropdown.

Howdy. So are you wanting to know how to do an opening screen? Or how to make the drop down conditional? What are the options on the drop down besides "No"?
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

I want to know if there is a way to make a range not visible when an excel sheet is opened. The range is formatted as a data validation dropdown. I tried using code from a recorded macro to unformat the range so that it just blends in with the page and clears the contents, but for some reason it didn't work. I put it in to the code for a "Next" button that the previous programmer has on it. This is NOT a form, only a sheet, so there is no Form_Load here.

The options on one dropdown are: High, Medium, Low. The other is Yes,No. That's the condition. If NO I want the Hi/Med/Lo dropdwon to disappear. If YES, it stays.
    Last edited by mike21152; 09-16-07 at 12:08.