Unanswered: Link Master and Child Fields

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many fields you can link between Master and Child Fields. I have linked about 5 and now I am getting an error. It worked fine with 4. Just making sure it isnt something that I am doing wrong.

Please help!

error description: asking to enter parameter value
    4 [text] = _Location
    Last edited by sturnbul; 09-17-07 at 16:12.

I don't know of any limit. Sounds like a typo or the field you are using in the link is not in one of the data sources.

Double Checked

I retyped and double checked my typing and the data types for both tables being linked and everything seems in order. It works perfectly at 4 but as soon as I put a 5 field there it bombs.

I dont know what else it can be...

One way that I thought of... Right now you have 1 - 4 linked correct? If you link 5 it doesn't work, right? What is you linked 5 only? What about 2, 3, 4, and 5? Then add 1 last.

In general, just try several combinations of the 5.

Still not working

I tried several combinations... I moved the 5th field to the 3rd field and deleted some of the other ones and it works fine. It is only when I try to do 5 at a time where it bombs. Maybe there is a limit.... I cant figure it out.... what else can it be if there is no limit and everything else works up till 5 fields.

I just did a quick test and it seems to work for me. What does the string look like for the link? Do you have spaces or weird characters in the field names?

This is mine:

PrintID;BatchID;ProgramID;GroupID;SubBatchID

DCKunkle is the bomb! :0)

Thank you so much. After you last post, I went in and deleted all the spacing I had between the words (i.e. Supervisor Name to Supervisor_Name) and it worked. Yeah!! Thanks so much.

I'm glad it was that, because I was pretty much out of ideas.

LOL Thanks again!